TIPS TO MAKE SURE YOUR SESSION IS PERFECT
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
- Sign the contract and pay the deposit - this will secure your date.
- A week or so before, lay out your outfit ideas, snap pictures, then send them to me! I will help make sure you pick the most flattering clothes for your session :)
- I highly suggest you have your hair and makeup professionally done.
- If this is a senior session, feel free to bring your cap and gown for a few shots!
- Engaged/married ladies, make sure to have your ring cleaned and your nails done.
- Check the weather to ensure you dress appropriately!
- Be sure to bring the remainder of your payment for the session. This is due at the time of session if you did not pay before hand.
DURING THE SESSION
- Be yourself and have fun! Don't be afraid to laugh. It makes for GREAT pictures!
AFTER THE SESSION
- Make sure you follow my Facebook page! I will post sneak peaks 1-2 days after the session :) Click HERE to follow me if you're not already!
- Photos for full portrait sessions are typically ready in 2-3 weeks. For mini sessions, the images typically take 1-2 weeks to be ready. I will email a gallery of your edited images for you to view and download as soon as they are ready.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Try mixing colors, patterns, and textures to create fun outfits that work well together.
- Layer, layer, layer! Layers can be a great way to add dimension and personality. Wearing a dress? Try adding on a colorful cardigan! Add a pop of color by wearing a cami underneath a button up shirt.
- Avoid articles of clothing with logos. These can date the image. Go for classic pieces that will create a timeless look!
- Don't be afraid to add color and patterns. However, neon or too bright of colors do not photograph well and can cause color casts. Pastels, bright jewel colors, and patterns look great on camera. Personally, I LOVE pastel pinks, whites, and blues in photographs!
- Make sure you are comfortable! If you do not feel great in your clothes, it will show in the photos. Pick your favorite outfit to wear...something you feel like you in!
- Check Pinterest for inspiration! It is filled with tips on how to pair outfits and examples! You can follow the link below to see what I have pinned.
Want a new outfit? Try these stores:
Anthropologie (personal favorite!), The Loft, GAP, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Target, J Crew